[Koha] Upgrading from 3.02.02 (tarball install) to latest (package install)

Robin Sheat robin at catalyst.net.nz
Fri Jan 31 11:31:12 NZDT 2014

On do, 2014-01-30 at 17:07 -0500, Steven Nickerson wrote:
> So,
> when I run the 'koha-create' on the new system the DB schema isn't
> named the
> same as the one contained in the MySQL backup that is restored in the
> next
> step and I therefore don't have any data in the "new" version.  Anyone
> have
> any suggestions on how to resolve this properly?

Oh, easy. Where the instructions say:

  $ sudo koha-mysql <instancename> < mybackup.sql

instead do:

  $ sudo koha-mysql <instancename>
  mysql> \. mybackup.sql

This will mean the whole thing doesn't run in a transaction, and the
CREATE DATABASE and USE lines will fail, but this won't abort the whole
import like it does the first way.

--
Robin Sheat
Catalyst IT Ltd.