[Koha] importing MARC problem

Irakli Garibashvili igar at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 25 03:09:40 NZDT 2014

Dear All,
Cold you comment on following procedure of uploading MARC records to KOHA.

We have a working catalog (KOHA 3.2), periodically we receive new portions
of MARC records to be added (may be 1000, or 5000, or 10000 record in one
file). In this case we follow "standard" procedure: Tools, Stage MARC
records, upload file, match records, "add, replace or ignore",.. Finally we
get necessary records to catalog.

But this time we have some new situation:
we received a batch of bibliographic records for deletion from our catalogue
(because they are deleted from the source library). These records have "d"
sign in a leader 05 position - Record status (though not sure how this helps
us).

Unfortunately we do not find a procedure for deleting records from our
catalogue via similar procedure Tools, import, ...

Obviously our goal would be to find matching records, delete them from
catalog and do not add any record.

Could you share you experience?
Do you do this in you catalogues? And how?

Best regards

Irakli
National Science Library, Georgia