[Koha] koha xslt and framework

Galen Charlton gmc at esilibrary.com
Sat Jan 11 06:48:43 NZDT 2014

Hi,

On Fri, Jan 10, 2014 at 6:06 AM, schnydszch <eugenegf at yahoo.com> wrote:
> With current version(s), if I add/customize display through modifying xslt,
> can I make xslts that would only be applicable to a particular framework.
> For example, in a certain framework, I want general notes to not show in
> title notes(opac)/description(intranet) but instead shown below say
> Publisher details area. Is that possible? Thanks in advance & cheers!

Not directly at present, although it would be possible to write logic
that inspects leader and fixed field values to make such distinctions
-- which may or may not be sufficient for your needs.

However, it would be simple to adjust C4::XSLT::XSLTParse4Display() so
that it could make the framework code available to the stylesheet,
which it turn would allow one to write conditional logic.

Another option would be making it possible to specify different
stylesheets for each framework, but I'm not in favor of that approach
at present because it increases the potential number of files that a
user who customizes them would have to deal with during upgrades.

If you would like to pursue this further, I suggest opening a bug report.

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton