[Koha] Email to newly created patron

Olugbenga Adara gbengaadara at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 28 16:21:00 NZDT 2014

Hi everyone,

I have a Koha installation that I have been trying to get to send an email to newly created patron without much luck.

Koha version: 3.14.3 Debian package (Now upgraded to 3.14.4)

I have the AutoEmailOpacUser systempreference set to "send" and AutoEmailPrimaryAddress set to
 "first valid". The Koha instance is enabled for email and the checkin, checkout email notices actually get sent by the server.

I have checked the server's email log and see nothing to show that the email got to the smtp server (exim4). The Koha staff client error log however has the below errors (I have no idea if they are relevant to the issue though)

preferences.pl: Use of uninitialized value in goto at /usr/share/koha/intranet/cgi-bin/admin/preferences.pl line 57.,
memberentry.pl: Use of uninitialized value $_ in hash element at /usr/share/koha/intranet/cgi-bin/members/memberentry.pl line 825.,
Use of uninitialized value in anonymous hash ({}) at /usr/share/koha/intranet/cgi-bin/members/memberentry.pl line 825.,
memberentry.pl: Use of uninitialized value $_ in hash element at /usr/share/koha/intranet/cgi-bin/members/memberentry.pl line 825.,
memberentry.pl: Use of uninitialized value in anonymous hash ({}) at /usr/share/koha/intranet/cgi-bin/members/memberentry.pl line 825.,
memberentry.pl: Use of uninitialized value $_ in hash element at /usr/share/koha/intranet/cgi-bin/members/memberentry.pl line 825.,
[error] moremember.pl: Argument "" isn't numeric in numeric lt (<) at /usr/share/koha/intranet/htdocs/intranet-tmpl/prog/en/includes/borrower_debarments.inc line 65.,

(I did snip some of the words on the line though)

Anyone has any ideas on what is happening and tips on getting this resolved?

Thanks for your help.

Olugbenga Adara

Skype: gbengaadara
Blog: http://gbengaadara.blogspot.com