[Koha] Cannot edit public list

Robin Sheat robin at catalyst.net.nz
Fri Feb 28 11:07:47 NZDT 2014

Amy Schuler schreef op do 27-02-2014 om 09:56 [-0500]:
> But now that the damage is done - does anyone have follow-up advice as
> how I can delete that public list?  I cannot edit or delete items
> using any
> login. If I can clear that out, I will recreate using my alternate
> staff
> login.

This is untested, but if you're comfortable poking at the database,
something like this might work. Do it on a test copy first, of course.

First, figure out the borrower number that you want to take ownership of
the lists, e.g. your own.

UPDATE virtualshelves SET owner=**your number** WHERE owner IS NULL;

The assumption I'm making here is that the owner is null when the list
is created by the database user. You can verify this with:

SELECT * FROM virtualshelves WHERE owner IS NULL;

If it returns nothing, then my assumption isn't correct, if it returns
the problematic lists, then it should work fine.

If it works, then those lists are now yours and you can do what you like
with them. It might also be worth filing a bug, as well as having
warnings, we probably should disable functions that we _know_ will
break, like this, when logged in as the database user.

--
Robin Sheat
Catalyst IT Ltd.