[Koha] Zebra and search for accented letters

Kallinen Pasi Pasi.Kallinen at pttk.fi
Mon Feb 24 22:09:45 NZDT 2014

Hello,

We have a bit of a problem with Zebra and searching for accented letters. The Finnish alphabet has 'å', 'ä' and 'ö'[1], but the search does not distinguish between those and the non-accented versions. So, for example, searching for "rölli" returns "rolling stones" before "rölli". Is there any way we can make Zebra consider those three letters separate from the base letters?

I've created /etc/koha/zebradb/etc/word-phrase-utf.chr that has the extra three letters in the lowercase and uppercase -definitions, and removes them from the equivalent and map -sets. Restarting and reindexing has no effect on searching.

I've also created /etc/koha/zebradb/lang_defs/fi/sort-string-utf.chr that does the same thing.

The /etc/koha/sites/*/zebra*.cfg -files point to the correct chr files.

[1] a-ring, a-diaeresis, o-diaeresis. These are actual separate letters at the end of the alphabet, and cannot be lumped in with a and o.

--
Ystävällisin terveisin

Pasi Kallinen
ICT-asiantuntija