[Koha] MD5 hash password encryption

Coehoorn, Joel jcoehoorn at york.edu
Tue Feb 18 06:35:25 NZDT 2014

>  I will like to know exact MD5 hash conversation for this number

81dc9bdb52d04dc20036dbd8313ed055

Just be warned: there are different ways of formatting that result, and it
assumes no salt. Best practices for authentication are to prepend a
per-user salt before creating each hash value. And really, best practices
say not to use md5 for passwords at all. It's too weak, almost to the point
where you may just as well store your passwords in plain text. A better
option is bcrypt, which is now supported by koha.

> how I can decode md5 hash encryption

hashes are not encryption. The difference between a hash and encryption is
that hashes are* one way*: *they cannot be decrypted/decoded*.

  Joel Coehoorn
Director of Information Technology
York College, Nebraska
402.363.5603
jcoehoorn at york.edu

 *The mission of York College is to transform lives through
Christ-centered education and to equip students for lifelong service to
God, family, and society*