[Koha] Activating SMS facility for koha in India

Chris Cormack chris at bigballofwax.co.nz
Tue Feb 11 23:00:51 NZDT 2014

On 11 February 2014 22:48, Mahesh Angadi <mcdlibrary at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Members,
>
> I have installed koha (3.8.6 version) on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS using liblivecd
> developed by Dr. A. R. D. Prasad. Using postfix, we are able to relay
> circulation email notices from gmail account.  Now we want to provide
> circulation notices on patrons cellphone in form of SMS.
>
> I searched through the mailing list, however, so far I could not get a
> suitable solution.
>
> I could locate file SMS.pm in C4 directory and files like Send.pm,
> Driver.pm, Test.pm in /usr/share/perl5/SMS directory.

The first and most important thing you need to do is upgrade.

3.8.6 is 1.5 years old, and there have been 17 3.8.x releases since
including 2 security releases, the current release of 3.8.x is 3.8.23
.. if you do not upgrade you need to make the changes mentioned here.

http://koha-community.org/security-release-february-2014/

Chris