[Koha] Item search without searching for bib record id

Hernandez, Heather heather_hernandez at nps.gov
Thu Feb 6 10:46:52 NZDT 2014

Hi, Tim--

To search by barcode, have you tried the prefix "bc," e.g.:
bc=123456
or:
bc:123456

(I prefer using the colon rather than the equals sign because it's faster
to type, and it also works!)

There are other helpful search prefixes in this guide (I use it all the
time):
http://manual.koha-community.org/3.12/en/searchguide.html

Hope this is helpful!  Cheerio,
heather
Heather Hernandez
Technical Services Librarian
Cultural Resources and Museum Management Division
San Francisco Maritime National Historical Park
heather_hernandez at nps.gov
415-561-7032 (voice)       415-556-3540 (fax)
http://www.nps.gov/safr/historyculture/library-collections.htm

"The sailor does not pray for wind, he learns to sail."--Gustaf Lindborg