[Koha] Inventory/ shelf-reading

Cab Vinton bibliwho at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 07:35:39 NZDT 2014

Koha's inventory utility is handy but seems to be missing one critical
element, namely the ability to flag items out of call number order.

The utility also does not generate a downloadable file. This means
copying & pasting the results into a spreadsheet & some rather tedious
data clean-up to get workable data.

Has anyone come up with a streamlined method for using the inventory
tool to help identify mis-shelved items?

I'm on the verge of getting into writing a macro, but my VBA skills
are very rusty & I'm always happy to avoid reinventing the wheel.

For what it's worth, we're not looking to get too fine-grained here.
We're not too concerned with titles out of order, for example, within
an author. We're really looking for authors out of order.

Grateful for your thoughts & suggestions.

All best,

Cab Vinton, Director
Plaistow Public Library