[Koha] Unique item fields

Elaine Bradtke eb at efdss.org
Tue Dec 16 07:46:27 NZDT 2014

I'm not sure why you wish to make notes a unique entry.

You may be limited to the parameters in the first column here:
http://schema.koha-community.org/tables/items.html

On the other hand, I've never experimented with this setting and would be
interested to hear what you learn.

On Sat, Dec 13, 2014 at 2:02 AM, Lenora Oftedahl <oftl at critfc.org> wrote:

> Some of you may remember that I asked a while back about where you set
> MARC fields to have unique entries, as in the case of barcodes.  The
> setting is in Acquisitions system preferences in 3.18.  Still not sure
> where that's found in 3.06 anymore.
>
> In 3.18, the default is set to barcode with the option to add more fields
> separated by spaces.  So, I've added notes from the biblio table.  Is this
> going to break anything?  Does anyone else have more than one unique entry
> field?  I'm testing now and will report results, but thought if someone
> else has already tested, I might save some time.
>
> Thanx.
> Lenora
> StreamNet Regional Library
> Columbia River Inter-Tribal Fish Commission

Elaine Bradtke
Data Wrangler
VWML
Tel    +44 (0) 20 7485 2206 (This number is for the English Folk Dance and
Song Society in London, England. If you wish to phone me personally, send
an e-mail first. I work off site)