[Koha] Error while upgrading from 3.14 to 3.16 stable

Vimal Kumar V. vimal0212 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 01:46:20 NZDT 2014

Dear Friends,
I just tried to upgrade Koha 3.14 (old stable) to 3.16.
I installed Koha from Ubuntu packages.
I executed following three commands to upgrade Koha,

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo apt-get install koha-common

I got following error message at the end in terminal,

DBD::mysql::db do failed: Table 'koha_library.roadtype' doesn't exist at
/usr/share/koha/intranet/cgi-bin/installer/data/mysql/updatedatabase.pl
line 7987.
DBD::mysql::db do failed: Table 'koha_library.roadtype' doesn't exist at
/usr/share/koha/intranet/cgi-bin/installer/data/mysql/updatedatabase.pl
line 7987.
dpkg: error processing koha-common (--configure):
 subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status
255

Up gradation process in web interface does not proceed and it repeat it
again and again.

How can I overcome this problem.

Regards,

--