[Koha] MYSQL to SQL Sever

Robin Sheat robin at catalyst.net.nz
Mon Dec 8 18:43:10 NZDT 2014

Sina Stewart schreef op ma 08-12-2014 om 06:46 [+0200]:
> Yes i know that the only supported database is MySQL , i asking about
> if i can transfer data to oracle or SQL server directly, like install
> a tool on koha server to do trnsfer to another machine ..

You can transfer data there, though you'd have to find a conversion tool
yourself, I don't know of any (I don't work with proprietary software in
general.) There may be data changes/data loss in the process though as
not all SQL servers handle things in the same way. I certainly would
recommend NOT moving the data back under almost any circumstances.

This would not be a backup, there are better ways (built in if you use
the packages) to do backups.

Also, there's virtually no chance that you'll be able to run koha off of
it.

--
Robin Sheat
Catalyst IT Ltd.