[Koha] Major 3.18 upgrade problem -- Please help!

Mirko Tietgen 5p4m at gmx.de
Mon Dec 8 01:21:23 NZDT 2014

Hi Iming,

Iming Chan schrieb am 07.12.2014
> Dear all,
>
> We are having a major problem upgrade from from 3.16 to 3.18!  Our IT person
> is able to resolve 2 warning messages related to Zebra_Bib_Index_Mode and
> Zebra_Auth_Index_Mode (found in About > System Informaiton).  However, after
> a complete reindexing of Zebra, all our catalogue records (some 12,900 of
> them) have vanished!  Searching of known items found nothing either via
> Staff Client or OPAC.  We haven't able to use Koha last 2 days!

My guess is that your IT person copied to your koha-conf.xml file

 <zebra_bib_index_mode>dom</zebra_bib_index_mode>
 <zebra_auth_index_mode>dom</zebra_auth_index_mode>

to the get rid of the warnings, while the rest of your system is set
to GRS-1 indexing (not DOM indexing). You can see that in the same
file. For Biblios check the section

> <!-- BIBLIOGRAPHIC RECORDS -->
> <server id="biblioserver"  listenref="biblioserver">
>     <directory>/var/lib/koha/koha/biblios</directory>
>     <config>/etc/koha/sites/koha/zebra-biblios-dom.cfg</config>
                                               ^^^^^^

and for authorities see the part beginning with

> <!-- AUTHORITY RECORDS -->
> <server id="authorityserver"  listenref="authorityserver" >
>     <directory>/var/lib/koha/koha/authorities</directory>
>     <config>/etc/koha/sites/koha/zebra-authorities-dom.cfg</config>
                                                   ^^^^^^

They are set to DOM in my example and may look different in your
configuration. Try changing the new parameters to grs1 for biblios
or both, depending on these settings, like

 <zebra_bib_index_mode>grs1</zebra_bib_index_mode>
 <zebra_auth_index_mode>grs1</zebra_auth_index_mode>

In the long run, consider switching to DOM indexing as GRS-1 is
deprecated and no longer maintained.

Hope that helps,

Mirko