[Koha] Library Herald App - Beta testers wanted

James Weinheimer weinheimer.jim.l at gmail.com
Sat Dec 6 00:34:51 NZDT 2014

Apologies for cross-posting

Hello everyone,

I would like to announce a new Android app for librarians to keep up
with the latest news, "The Library Herald App" available at
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.library.herald.wo.jobs

I have put it as a Beta version (meaning it needs testing), and I would
*really appreciate* testers. I have set up a Google Community for that
purpose: https://plus.google.com/communities/108527211796112252514
Anybody can join, and the app is free.

Right now, it works only on Android, but if there is a good response, it
could entice me to make it work on other devices. It has already been an
interesting learning experience, and I even made a promotional video.

For more explanation, here is my opening post on the Google Community site:
"I began this project as a learning experience for myself. First, I
wanted to learn how to make an app, so I made one that I thought would
be useful for my own purposes, and it turned out to be better than I
expected and I wanted to share it.

It turned out that if you want to share apps, it is best to use Google
Play so that you do not have to "sideload" anything. So now I am
learning the process of putting the app into the marketplace and how
development can take place. To have a development process, you need to
make a Google Community!

By the way, you will see ads in this app, but the money does not go to
me. It goes to the project that helped me create this app. Now I want to
learn how to build apps from scratch. If people like this app, it will
be an incentive for me to learn!

Maybe we can all learn together, while we improve the app for everyone!"

Please share this post with anyone who may be interested.

James Weinheimer weinheimer.jim.l at gmail.com
First Thus http://blog.jweinheimer.net
First Thus Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/FirstThus
Personal Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/james.weinheimer.35