[Koha] introduction

Bob Birchall bob at calyx.net.au
Thu Aug 21 18:27:35 NZST 2014

On 21/08/14 16:10, Daniel Owens wrote:
> Hi, my name is Daniel Owens. I am a teacher at Hanoi Bible College in
> Vietnam, and organizing our fledgling library has fallen to me. My
> training is in biblical theology, but I enjoy computers (especially
> discovering fantastic new FOSS applications to make my life easier)
> and books, so this task presents a fun new challenge.
>
> I chose Koha in part because it has been localized in Vietnamese and
> there are some people already using it in Vietnam. The more I get into
> Koha, the more I see the possibilities it creates for collaboration
> between schools in Vietnam, so I am excited.

Hi Daniel,
Welcome to the Koha community.  We hope your stay here will be
fulfilling and rewarding.

Feel free to drop into the Koha IRC
<http://koha-community.org/get-involved/irc/> channel some time.  You'll
find Koha folks from Australia and New Zealand are about in a time zone
not too far from yours.

Do you know about ANZTLA <http://www.anztla.org/>? You'll find
librarians there with similar interests plus some Koha users.

Best wishes,
Bob Birchall
Calyx