[Koha] Suggestions of hardware

Mark Tompsett mtompset at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 20 15:18:42 NZST 2014

Greetings,

You don't necessarily need to pay for your own machine to virtualize. You
could use a hosting service such as digitalocean.
https://www.digitalocean.com/pricing/

With your number of records, the bigger question (in my mind) is not how
many records/items you have now, but how much will you be expanding. For our
production system, we use the $20/month plan.

Koha is developed under Debian, and as such, using Debian is the recommended
OS. Though, you are free to choose with relative-ease other Linux operating
systems based on Debian, such as Ubuntu. We use Ubuntu. You are also free to
try to attempt other Linux versions, but your mileage and support by others
will drastically vary.

I recommend at least 1GB RAM and at least 30GB drive space. Though, this is
a minimum in my mind.

GPML,
Mark Tompsett