[Koha] Self checkout

Chad Roseburg croseburg at ncrl.org
Thu Aug 14 08:21:58 NZST 2014

We are using the following in the opacuserjs field:
$(document).ready(function(){
    // For selfcheck login page. Cleans up non-essentials and changes
    // Text.
    var url = window.location.href;
    var host = window.location.host;
    if(url.indexOf('http://' + host + '/cgi-bin/koha/sco') != -1) {
        $('#header-region').remove();
        $('#opac-main-search').remove();
        $('.breadcrumb').remove();
        $('#auth fieldset').remove();
        $( '.btn' ).attr('value', 'Start');
        $( '#opac-auth h3' ).replaceWith("<h1>Click here to begin!</h1>");
    }
 });

Some explanation:
We use the selfcheck module on touchscreen kiosks so we remove anything
clickable other
than the start button. You may only be interested in the button and text
replacement as well as removing the username password fields -- though you
need to make sure the browser has the credentials "remembered" otherwise
you won't be able to log in:

$(document).ready(function(){
        var url = window.location.href;
        var host = window.location.host;
        if(url.indexOf('http://' + host + '/cgi-bin/koha/sco') != -1) {
             $('#auth fieldset').remove();
             $( '.btn' ).attr('value', 'Start');
             $( '#opac-auth h3' ).replaceWith("<h1>Click here to
begin!</h1>");
        }
 });

3.14 and 3.16 have the self-check login page as part of the OPAC [ a bug, I
believe ] so you have to point the code at the specific page.

A better way might make the username/password fields invisible and move
them so you can still use them --- or, activate them by clicking on a
certain word.

Hope that is helpful to you!

Chad