[Koha] Invalid SIP users in koha

vishal patil vishal.patil at osslabs.biz
Tue Aug 12 02:58:25 NZST 2014

Dear All,

I am configuring the Koha for 3M RFID, but my SIP users are not working,
showing invalid id and password even if the password is right.

Koha version 3.02
OS = OpenSUSE 12.2
SIP 2.0

I have done following changes in my SIPconfig.xml

 <service
      port="8023/tcp"
      transport="telnet"
      protocol="SIP/2.00"
      timeout="60" />

    <service
      port="0.0.0.0:6001/tcp"
      transport="telnet"
      protocol="SIP/2.00"
      timeout="60" />
   </listeners>
-------------------------------------
<login id="sipuser"   password="pwd1234"  delimiter="|"
error-detect="enabled" institution="Lib" />
      <login id="sip2user"  password="pwd1234" delimiter="|"
error-detect="enabled" institution="Lib" />
---------------------------------------
 <institution id="Lib" implementation="ILS" parms="">
         <policy checkin="true" renewal="true" checkout="true"
                 status_update="true" offline="false"
                 timeout="100"
                 retries="5" />
    </institution>
I started the SIP using:
perl -I C4/SIP -MILS C4/SIP/SIPServer.pm C4/SIP/SIPconfig.xml &

All these users are superlibrarian and accessible through frontend.
When i use the following command on server:
telnet localhost 8023
userid:sipuser
password:pwd1234
it shows invalid user.

Kindly help me in this to resolve the issue.

regards,
Vishal