[Koha] Koha on virtual machine?

Viktor.Sarge at regionhalland.se Viktor.Sarge at regionhalland.se
Tue Aug 5 19:21:27 NZST 2014

I run my dev install on a Macbook Air (1,8 GHz i5 / 8 gig / OS X 10.9.x ) and it runs fine under Virtualbox. It sounds like you would want to look into settings in Virtualbox for ”host-only networking” (if you want to access your virtual server outside of Virtualbox) or ”bridged networking” (if you want other machines in the network to be able to connect. At least that is my understanding after a few quick searches.

Even if the proposed solution isn’t the cleanest I’d say it could work fine. But remember to do regular backups of the virtual machine to a separate drive so you don’t lose all data if you have a hard drive failure. It’s quite easy to create a backup in Virtualbox.

Kind regards/Viktor

Viktor Sarge
Utvecklingsledare
Regionbibliotek Halland
Kultur i Halland

TFN: 035-17 98 73
E-POST: Viktor.Sarge at regionhalland.se
BESÖKSADRESS: Södra vägen 9, 30180 Halmstad
WEBB: www.regionhalland.se/regionbibliotek