[Koha] cross-links in analytics

Elaine Bradtke eb at efdss.org
Tue Aug 5 07:13:28 NZST 2014

Show Analytics works fine for our serials.  It doesn't work for our bound
volumes of pamphlets, etc.
Maybe because it's a different format / Itemtype?
Elaine

On Thu, Jul 31, 2014 at 4:08 PM, Hernandez, Heather <
heather_hernandez at nps.gov> wrote:

> Hi--
>
> I am probably misunderstanding something here, but our "parent" records do
> link to the "children" in both our staff client and in our opac.  E.g., our
> record for Sea Stories Magazine:
>

> http://keys.bywatersolutions.com/cgi-bin/koha/opac-detail.pl?biblionumber=27435
>
> Has as part of this display, "Analytics: Show analytics
> <
> http://keys.bywatersolutions.com/cgi-bin/koha/opac-search.pl?q=Host-item:Sea%20stories%20magazine
> .>
> "
>
> And if you click on "Show analytics," a browse list of all the
> analytic/child records is displayed. The parent record does not contain
> links to the children in the MARC record--there are no 774's in the parent
> record--they don't seem necessary.  We're on 3.16 supported by ByWater
> Solutions, and I'm sorry but I don't remember if this is a customization on
> their part, or if it's tied to some standard feature.  We do love this
> linking, though!
>
> Cheerio!
> heather
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Heather Hernandez
> Technical Services Librarian
> San Francisco Maritime National Historical Park Research Center
> heather_hernandez at nps.gov
> 415-561-7032 (voice)       415-556-3540 (fax)
> http://www.nps.gov/safr/historyculture/museum-collections.htm
>
> "The sailor does not pray for wind, he learns to sail."--Gustaf Lindborg

Elaine Bradtke
Data Wrangler
VWML
Tel    +44 (0) 20 7485 2206 (This number is for the English Folk Dance and
Song Society in London, England. If you wish to phone me personally, send
an e-mail first. I work off site)