[Koha] Exporting from one system to another : will the field more_subfields_xml in items table affect much

Vinod Kumar Mishra vinod_librarian at rediffmail.com
Wed Apr 30 15:04:18 NZST 2014

Hello,

Basically item information in Koha dealt in Marc tag number 952, therefore you should study its various sub fields and their contents accordingly you try to assign tag number to the imported data from commercial ILMS.

The best way is you enter a record and item information in Koha and then export it in Marc format then you check the output and make your data accordingly.

Thanks

On Tue, 29 Apr 2014 23:26:24 +0530  wrote

Hi

I am in the process of trying to migrate from one commercial ILS to Koha.

The system that I want to migrate from has the functionality of exporting

bibliographic records in marc format. I have done the exporting and

importing of bibliographic marc records into Koha. The Biblio and

biblioitems tables have been populated nicely and the records are, according

to our chief cataloguer, coming out pretty well in the cataloguing modules.

I now want to populate the item table. I can link the two tables (the

Biblio and biblioitems) with the items table though a bibnumber field from

the old system that I have managed to extract from field 907$a in the

biblioitems' marcxml field.

Now from the items table, there is one field more_subfields_xml that I have

no information to populate it with. If I am not to populate the field with

anything, will it affect the functioning of the new system?

Kind Regards,

Admire Mutsikiwa

ICT Projects Manager

Libraries

University of Zimbabwe

Tel:+263-4-303276

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the

consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Josiah Charles Stamp,

1880-1941, former director of the Bank of England

Koha at lists.katipo.co.nz

With regards,
Vinod Kumar Mishra,
Assistant Librarian,