[Koha] Exporting from one system to another : will the field more_subfields_xml in items table affect much

amutsikiwa at uzlib.uz.ac.zw amutsikiwa at uzlib.uz.ac.zw
Wed Apr 30 05:54:26 NZST 2014

Hi

I am in the process of trying to migrate from one commercial ILS to Koha.
The system  that I  want to migrate from has the functionality of exporting
bibliographic records in marc format. I have done the exporting and
importing  of bibliographic marc records into Koha. The Biblio and
biblioitems tables have been populated nicely and the records are, according
to our chief cataloguer, coming out pretty well in the cataloguing modules.
I now want to populate the item table.  I can link the two tables (the
Biblio and biblioitems) with the  items  table though a bibnumber field from
the old system that I have managed to extract from field 907$a in the
biblioitems' marcxml field.

Now from the items table, there is one field more_subfields_xml that I have
no information to populate it with. If I am not to populate the field with
anything, will it affect the functioning of the new system?

Kind Regards,

Admire Mutsikiwa

ICT Projects Manager

Libraries

University of Zimbabwe

Tel:+263-4-303276

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the
consequences of dodging our responsibilities."  Josiah Charles Stamp,
1880-1941, former director of the Bank of England