[Koha] Importing Patron Loan History (old_issues)

Robin Sheat robin at catalyst.net.nz
Tue Apr 15 11:43:28 NZST 2014

jbarker schreef op vr 11-04-2014 om 06:26 [-0700]:
> I tried to export our loans history data from our old ILS to koha
> 3.14,
> using:
> load data local infile '/<PATHTO>/importloanstest.csv' into table
> koha.old_issues fields terminated by ',' enclosed by '"' lines
> terminated
> by'\n';
>
> and got the following error:
> ERROR 1452 (23000): Cannot add or update a child row: a foreign key
> constraint fails (`koha`.`old_issues`, CONSTRAINT `old_issues_ibfk_1`
> FOREIGN KEY (`borrowernumber`) REFERENCES `borrowers`
> (`borrowernumber`) ON
> DELETE SET NULL ON UPDATE SET NULL)

This is saying that you're attempting to reference a borrower that
doesn't actually exist.

> So i'm just wondering how other people got their loans history into
> koha
> from their old ILS?

I tend to write scripts to do it, for example:

https://gitorious.org/koha-migration-toolbox/koha-migration-toolbox/source/395f9d788acf79df53d2c878837ce7cb72b08467:migration/Liberty/circ.pl

One thing it does do is discard any records that have a non-existent
borrower or item number, as the software that it comes from keeps them
around even when they're quite meaningless.

--
Robin Sheat
Catalyst IT Ltd.