[Koha] Making Koha a Z39.50 server

sheldon_tappin thecarterii at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 5 04:30:43 NZDT 2014

Hi All,

I am trying to make my Koha installation act as a Z39.50 server. We are
currently using version 3.12.11.000.

Based on a tutorial I followed, I uncommented the following lines:

1. *<listen id="publicserver" >tcp:@:68</listen> * I used 68 as my port

2. <server id="publicserver"  listenref="publicserver">

   <serverinfo id="publicserver">
        <ccl2rpn>/etc/koha/zebradb/ccl.properties</ccl2rpn>
        <user></user>
        <password></password>
   </serverinfo>

3. I removed the default username and password that was there for the public
server then, I saved the
    file.

I checked to see if the zebra process was running, all indications showed
that it is active.

To test the server I added a Z39.50 target using the following parameters
but it didn't work:

Target:	LOCAL
Hostname/Port:	127.0.0.1:68
Database:	biblios
Userid:
Password:
Checked:	Yes
Rank:	        0
Syntax:	USMARC
Encoding:	MARC-8
Timeout:    0

*Please inform me on what I am doing wrong so that I can correct the issue.*

Best Regards,
Sheldon Tappin
/University of Guyana Library/