[Koha] UNIMARC - Linking Authority 280 heading field with the Bibliographic 675 field

Bacamarte JN bacamarte.jn at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 12:25:54 NZDT 2014

Ref: Koha 3.14.05 on Ubuntu OS 12.04 LTS Packages into VirtualBox

Hi,

By making changes in the 280 heading field to create an UDC authority type,
the filling process of the bibliographic field 675, subfield <<a>>, is
automatic, as can be seen in the images attached. But, unlike the other types
of authority, the data of the subfield <<3>>, i.e., the corresponding authority
record number is missed. Without this identifier, nobody can retrieve
bibliographic records by searching UDC authority headers, although the UDC
notations can be seen in ISBD format, not in normal view.

I presume there is a script somewhere linking fields 280-608 that can be
changed to correct this fault. Can anyone confirm if my assumption is this
true and, if so, give me detailed instructions, i.e., step by step please
(I'm just a librarian) on how to fix this?

And finally, how to change to TEXT the data type of the subfield <<c>> of the
field 280, since some UDC notations have huge callouts?

Many thanks in advance!

Bacamarte (bacamarte.jn at gmail.com)

Authority

ORIGINAL

tagfield

tagsubfield

liblibrarian

*280*

*Heading - Form, Genre or Physical Characteristics*

280

7

Script of Cataloguing and Script of the Base Heading

280

8

Language of Cataloguing and Language of the Base Heading

280

Entry Element

280

Form Subdivision

280

Topical Subdivision

280

Geographical Subdivision

280

Chronological Subdivision

MY ADAPTATION

*280*

*Heading - UDC*

280

UDC Number, Single or Beginning of a Range

280

UDC Number, End of a Range

280

Explanatory Terms* (data type should be TEXT* )

280

UDC Edition

280

Language of Edition

Bibliographic

ORIGINAL

tagfield

tagsubfield

liblibrarian

*608*

*Form, Genre of Phyisical Characteristics Heading*

608

2

System Code

608

3

Authority Record Number

608

5

Institution to Which Field Applies

608

Entry Element

608

Topical Subdivision

608

Geographical Subdivision

608

Chronological Subdivision

PART OF MY ADAPTATION

*675*

*Universal Decimal Classification (UDC)*

675

3

Authority Record Number

675

UDC Number, Single or Beginning of a Range

675

UDC Number, End of a Range

675

Explanatory Terms