[Koha] original title in OPAC

Elaine Bradtke eb at efdss.org
Thu Apr 3 05:37:04 NZDT 2014

765 Subfield structure
You can set that up, but it may not display without changing the stylesheet.

Warning: this is the part I leave up to my computer wizard, but here's an
answer I got from
Kallinen Pasi Pasi.Kallinen at pttk.fi
 about a similar problem:

Unfortunately just editing the bib frameworks won't do anything. For the
Normal, ISBD, and OPAC views, the MARC is processed with XSL templates, and
if the templates don't do anything to field 765, then that field will not
show up. (This is the case with the default XSL files that come with Koha.)
To make field 765$t ( show up in the Normal view, edit
MARC21slim2intranetDetail.xsl and add the following piece of code in it:

<xsl:if test="marc:datafield[@tag=765]/marc:subfield[@code='t']">
frequency: </span>
 <xsl:for-each select="marc:datafield[@tag=765]">
 <xsl:value-of select="marc:subfield[@code='t']"/>
 <xsl:choose><xsl:when test="position()=last()"><xsl:
text>.</xsl:text></xsl:when><xsl:otherwise><xsl:text>;
</xsl:text></xsl:otherwise></xsl:choose>
 </xsl:for-each>
 </xsl:if>

Note that XSL is quite picky, and you can't just add this anywhere - your
best bet is to look for a label you see in the Normal-view, such as
"Volumes: ", and putting the code in the empty line before that block of
code.

You should copy the MARC21slim2intranetDetails.xsl somewhere on the server,
make the syspref XSLTDetailsDisplay point to it, and edit that copy instead.

The XSL-file for OPAC is called MARC21slim2OPACDetail.xsl, and you could
add the same code to it."

On Sun, Mar 30, 2014 at 8:04 AM, Giuseppe Angilella <
Giuseppe.Angilella at ct.infn.it> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> how do I display the title in the original language of a translated item
> in the OPAC? This should be contained in the MARC field 765$t (which is
> normally hidden).
>
> (A varying form of title, as recorded in 246$a, is shown as "Other title".)
>
> Should 765$t be somehow linked to the subtitle field?
>
> Many thanks.
>
> Giuseppe.

Elaine Bradtke
Data Wrangler
VWML
Tel    +44 (0) 20 7485 2206 (This number is for the English Folk Dance and
Song Society in London, England. If you wish to phone me personally, send
an e-mail first. I work off site)