[Koha] Open source replacement for 3M self check station

Galen Charlton gmc at esilibrary.com
Thu Sep 26 04:31:41 NZST 2013

Hi,

On Wed, Sep 25, 2013 at 7:45 AM, glaws <glawson at rhcl.org> wrote:

> Unfortunately it seems that you need a system now, and anything we do
> won't be worked on until at least mid- late-2014. This is, however, a
> good discussion topic and worth continuing.

Would it be an accurate statement that the primary distinctive issues (as
opposed to the usual issues with setting up a kiosk computer) that an
open-hardware self-checkout machine would be need to deal with are:

- interacting with whatever device desensitizes security strips?
- interacting with RFID pads?

Regards,

Galen
--