[Koha] Multilingual Authority Entry

arihant arihant23010 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 24 00:16:38 NZST 2013

Hi,

We have several books in hindi & gujarati language

We want to enter the author name in english & hindi/gujarati language & make
it searchable
We wrote the name of the author "Hemchandra" in english in 100$a field and
wrote the name "हेमचंद्र" in hindi in 880$a field

Both the names display on the authority page but when we use the main or the
authority search & search for "हेमचंद्र" no results are returned.

Which field should we be using to make the alternate text searchable or how
to make koha index 880 field inside authority?

880 field works fine for book titles in catalouge mode.

Regards