[Koha] It’s Time To Register and Make Your Hotel Reservations for KohaCon 13

Keener, Nancy NKeener at washoecounty.us
Tue Sep 10 05:06:50 NZST 2013

Hello Koha-Community.

We are beginning to finalize our plans with the Atlantis, our conference hotel.  We have to get our final numbers in order to allow the hotel to provide us with free meeting space and wifi.  Please be sure to register to attend KohaCon 13 and make your hotel reservations by Sept. 15th in order to get your special low room rate.  We have approximately 110 people who have registered so far for the conference, but not all have made their room reservations.
Here is the link for the low room rate:
https://www.reserveparadise.com/cgi-bin/lansaweb?procfun+rn+resnet+atl+funcparms+UP%28A2560%29:;SKOHACN;101513;8;1;0;005005;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;R;;;;;?

We have a great lineup of speakers for the first three days.  We will be learning about the Koha-Community organization, Libki, RFID, setting up  your server, Itiva phone notification, best practices, bug testing, and a whole lot more.

In Reno we have been in the 80 degree F temperature range for the days, with cool nights in the 50 degree F range.  The fire at the Yosemite National Park is south of Reno.  Even though it is far away, we have been getting the smoke for about a month.  The fire is over 80% contained.  In the last few days we have seen clear skies again.

The Great Reno Balloon Race was held last weekend.  Have a look here:   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiDQPn09cNQ

Today we see airplanes practicing for the Reno Air Races which start on Wednesday. This is an exciting week for  us.  I live on the other side of the hills at the end of the runway!  William lives at the end of the runway, and gets a really great underside view of the planes as they take off.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6WtvXtNtI0&list=TL3qzWkrOD4zU

The time is now!  Let’s get ready for KohaCon 13!

Nancy Keener
Systems Librarian
I.T.O.S.C. Chair
KohaCon 13 Chair