[Koha] Why three levels in ACQ (Order, Basket. Basket group) ?

Colin Campbell colin.campbell at ptfs-europe.com
Tue Sep 10 04:44:55 NZST 2013

On Thu, Sep 05, 2013 at 01:47:28PM +0200, Mathieu Saby wrote:
> But in each basketgroup, we put only ONE basket. So we don't need
> the basket grouping feature, except for printing orders.
> The complete workflow in Koha is unnecessarily complex for us.

I think that is a generally held view. I know a number of libraries who
not only tend to use one basket per basket group but also one order per
basket. When people move to electronic ordering that seems to be the
norm.
Certainly in the English speaking world librarians find the terminology
a bit odd initially. I dont think many use the term basket until they
encounter Koha. The koha basket corresponds to what they tend to think
of as an order. and the koha order corrsponds to the orderline.

Colin

--
Colin Campbell
Chief Software Engineer,