[Koha] please help, fines settings

Mrs. Chitralekha M. Chitale library.ltce at ltjss.net
Fri Sep 6 16:01:51 NZST 2013

I have exactly same query.

Please help.

Mrs. Chitralekha Mahesh Chitale
Librarian, LTCE, Navi Mumbai.

----- Original Message -----

From: "Mike D." <black23 at gmail.com>
To: koha at lists.katipo.co.nz
Sent: Monday, September 2, 2013 7:27:31 PM
Subject: [Koha] please help, fines settings

Hello Koha community,
our library use this rules for fines and circulation:

Circulation periods:
books period: 30 days with 2 renewals max
journals period: 14 days with 2 renewals max

Fines:
1. fine after period, price A
2. fine 30th day after 1. fine, price B
3. fine 14th day after 2. fine, price C (2x price B)
4. fine 14th day after 3. fine, price D (3x price B)
5. next fines we count per day and item.

Is possible to set this rules in Koha? I think that standard Koha fines
aren't too complex for this setup. Has some library with similar rules? Is
here some solution?

Thanks for feedback.

Mike