[Koha] koha-on virtual server

Mark Tompsett mtompset at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 6 03:38:32 NZST 2013

Greetings,

> Can anyone help me with what domain to use on the
> /etc/koha/koha-sites.conf

This is really something best handled interactively. Might I recommend going
on the IRC channel.
http://webchat.oftc.net/?channels=koha
(Copied from the http://koha-community.org/get-involved/irc/ page)

However, in general, talk with your system administrator, network
administrator, or IT Department. This is a network/apache configuration
issue.

If you try to access the server with an IP address and you've done a named
configuration (which is the given in the set of instructions for packages),
you will get the OPAC client all the time, unless you use a different
INTRAPORT and OPACPORT and expressly give them in the URL.

If the ports are the same (as in the instructions), you need to tell the
machine you are trying to access the server from (e.g. your windows box try
to access the VM) that the names belong to a particular IP address. This is
properly done via DNS settings, which your system administrator, network
administrator, or IT Department would be able to address.

You can modify the port numbers after the fact by editing the appropriate
lines in /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/<instance name>, where <instance name>
is typically library, if you followed the instructions without modification.
And again, that would be more the work of a system administrator, network
administrator, or IT Department.

Did I mention that you should be talking with your system administrator,
network administrator, or IT Department? ;)
But if you don't have any of those sorts of helps, the IRC channel would be
far more useful.

GPML,
Mark Tompsett