[Koha] 008 Fixed length data elements: problems with imported records in 3.12

Elaine Bradtke eb at efdss.org
Thu Oct 31 15:21:46 NZDT 2013

Still, there's an underlying quirk - if Koha sees a character it doesn't
like in the 008 editing window, it skips over it and collapses the rest of
the data.
While the non # characters were originally in the correct place - once we
touch that field in the editing window they are moved to a different
position, and either ignored because they're not valid or dumped in the
wrong place where they are valid, but incorrect.

Of course if it didn't do this, we probably would have never noticed the #
issue.
Elaine

--
Elaine Bradtke