[Koha] Importing books from a csv file, including bar codes

magmatic magmatic at timkoop.com
Wed Oct 30 15:08:50 NZDT 2013

Thanks for the tip that 952$p is the barcode.

But how can I edit this field in Koha once the book is in the system?

This is what I did:
- I went to the demo at
http://intranet.bywatersolutions.com/cgi-bin/koha/mainpage.pl (username:
bywater password: bywater)
- I click "Checkin"
- I enter the barcode: TVSN5000215858
- I do that just to find the book.  I click on the barcode in the record to
get the details of the book.
- I click Edit > Edit Record.
- This brings up the MARC edit page.  In the "9" tab, there is no 952$p,
a.k.a. "barcode".  Why not?  Clearly this book has one.

If I add a single book in Koha and print my own barcodes, I will want to
create the item, then edit it to tell Koha the barcode.  How can I do this?

(And what are those two tiny text fields for, in the MARC edit page next to
each number?)

Thanks!