[Koha] Need help about LDAP authentication problem

Karam Qubsi karamqubsi at gmail.com
Thu Oct 24 22:53:50 NZDT 2013

Hi All ,
I tried to configure LDAP following the documentation here :
http://perldoc.koha-community.org/C4/Auth_with_ldap.html
and here :
http://bywatersolutions.com/2011/09/08/how-ldap-connections-work-in-koha-3-4/
and :
http://bywatersolutions.com/2012/07/09/koha-ldap/

My configuration in koha-conf.xml is looks like  :

<ldapserver id="ldapserver">
  <hostname>172.17.250.3</hostname>
  <base>dc=lms,dc=mediu,dc=edu,dc=my</base>
  <user>cn=admin,dc=lms,dc=mediu,dc=edu,dc=my</user>
  <pass>PASSWORD</pass>
  <replicate>1</replicate>
  <update>1</update>

 <mapping>
 <surname is="sn"></surname>
 <branchcode is="">HQ</branchcode>
 <categorycode is="">ST</categorycode>
 <address is="">Shah Alam</address>
 <city is="">Shah Alam</city>
 <userid is="uid"></userid>
 <password is="userPassword"></password>
 </mapping>
 </ldapserver>

But the LDAP authentication is not working with me (using koha 3.10.05
package installation  )

the opac-log file gives me these messages when I try to log in using ldap :

 opac-user.pl: Use of uninitialized value in string ne at
> /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Auth.pm line 665, <DATA> line 522., referer:
> http://172.17.250.15:82/cgi-bin/koha/opac-user.pl
>
>  opac-user.pl: Use of uninitialized value $pki_field in string eq at
> /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Auth.pm line 751, <DATA> line 522., referer:
> http://172.17.250.15:82/cgi-bin/koha/opac-user.pl
>
>  opac-user.pl: Use of uninitialized value $pki_field in string eq at
> /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Auth.pm line 751, <DATA> line 522., referer:
> http://172.17.250.15:82/cgi-bin/koha/opac-user.pl
>
>  opac-user.pl: LDAP Auth rejected : invalid password for user 'AP578'.
> LDAP error #5: LDAP_COMPARE_FALSE, referer:
> http://172.17.250.15:82/cgi-bin/koha/opac-user.pl
>  opac-user.pl: # This code is returned when a compare request completes
> and the attribute value, referer:
> http://172.17.250.15:82/cgi-bin/koha/opac-user.pl
>
>  opac-user.pl: given is not in the entry specified, referer:
> http://172.17.250.15:82/cgi-bin/koha/opac-user.pl
>
>  opac-user.pl: , referer:
> http://172.17.250.15:82/cgi-bin/koha/opac-user.pl
>
>  opac-user.pl: Use of uninitialized value $retuserid in string ne at
> /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/Auth.pm line 787, <DATA> line 559., referer:
> http://172.17.250.15:82/cgi-bin/koha/opac-user.pl

the syspref " AllowPkiAuth" set to "no" I don't know what is
 $pki_field that related to .

anyway I hope if someone can give me some ideas to follow to solve this

We are using OpenLDAP

many Thanks :)

--
*Karam Qubsi*