[Koha] Login Timeout

Mark Tompsett mtompset at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 13 13:16:14 NZDT 2013

Greetings,

On 12-10-13 16:23, Jack Morash wrote:
>> Managed to get my login time out set to 1 sec.
>> Is the Admin preferences saved in the database or a file.

> Might be worth filing a bug, we should perhaps ensure that that
> can't be set to something unreasonable, e.g. < 60 seconds.

+1 to that idea. A little bit of lag, and *BOOM* a 1 second timeout fails to
log a user in. That is unacceptable to the average user, because they'll
keep trying and trying and trying only become more and more frustrated with
the system.

As for what a reasonable time out is, I think 60 seconds is a good overall
number, but perhaps something as low as 30 seconds might be okay. Anything
lower is tempting fate. I'll admit to a 20 second timeout, but since I have
a multi-key solution (20 seconds per key) in my specialized login code, that
gives me 40 seconds overall.

GPML,
Mark Tompsett