[Koha] LibSys to Koha migration

Indranil Das Gupta indradg at gmail.com
Thu Oct 10 22:26:55 NZDT 2013

Frederic,

On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 1:27 PM, Frédéric Demians <frederic at tamil.fr> wrote:

> I have to evaluate the feasibility and difficulty of migrating a catalog
> from LibSys ILS to Koha. Grabing information from the "Inernet", I found
> out that apparently LibSys doesn't provide an export module, and so
> export must be done via a Report module. The result data are not MARC in
> any way, and have to be reformated heavily prior to be imported into Koha.

LibSys *does* provided an export module. But it is a costed item (not
inconsequential) and usually available for their "Enterprise grade"
edition. However, Libsys is notorious for 'accidentally overwriting'
the module during update patches, especially during annual support
contracted update ;-)

I've done some work on it - site scrapper on the web opac module as
part of a custom development.

cheers,
-indra

Indranil Das Gupta

Phone : +91-98300-20971
Blog    : http://indradg.randomink.org/blog
IRC      : indradg on irc://irc.freenode.net
Twitter : indradg