[Koha] Kohacon 2014 in Córdoba, Argentina

Mirko 5p4m at gmx.de
Thu Oct 10 11:20:09 NZDT 2013

Hi Olugbenga,

please excuse the late reply, I'm very busy at the moment and Koha
is unfortunately only a very small part of my life right now.

I am of course aware of what you are describing. To clear that up,
what I would consider sure duplicate votes is the same email
address. There have been a few cases which can easily be explained
with a bad internet connection, a server hickup or things like that.
It were only a few cases and I count that as a single vote.

What I would consider "suspicious" are the same or similar names in
different email addresses, especially if it they voted within
minutes. It happened in a small number of cases on both sides. I am
not very familiar with names from both countries so I won't judge
these cases. I think they cancel each other out in number and are
not relevant in the whole picture. I would consider that "noise".

IP addresses would have mattered in a case like hundreds of votes
appearing out of nowhere or something like that. I did not expect
anything like this to happen and it did not. They could have also
helped if there would have been a lot of "suspicious" cases. If that
would have been the case, I would have asked for another pair of
eyes or two to decide what to do.

The number of complete votes was about 400 (~300:100).

There are maybe another 100 not completed. Most of them are empty,
meaning somebody had a look at the survey but did not take it or
decided to do it later. That number is not surprising, given that it
was anounced at least on two mailing lists and in the community
newsletter. There are some that have an email address but only one
or no location selected. Those include people testing it when the
question came up in the beginning whether you can vote for only one
location. There has only been one report of the survey not working
at some point, that might show up too. I will have a look at it to
see if there may have been more technical problems that just did not
get reported, but anyway it does not interfere with the results.

I hope that clears things up and makes sense, please feel free to
ask if not. I will be out of town for a long weekend and will
probably not get to have a final look at the survey (or followup
questions) before next tuesday or wednesday, I'm very sorry for the
delay.

-- Mirko

Olugbenga Adara schrieb am 09.10.2013