[Koha] links between bibs and authorities lost for custom authority types since upgrade from 3.6

Fabio T. fabio.tian at gmail.com
Mon Oct 7 07:43:33 NZDT 2013

Hi all,

actually the problem seems to involve the custom authorities as a whole, not
[only] in relation to the upgrade.

In fact, if I import those types of authority over the existing ones (via
Tools -> Stage MARC records for import) with a matching rule on the 001
field, the import completes correctly but the authority record's 152$b gets
overwritten by the value of the authority framework the custom authority
type was based on!

Say I have created a "Book series" authority type (auth type code BS) based
on the "Author (person)" one (NP). If I export my BS auth records (without
deleting them) and then import them with a matching rule on the 001 field,
all the records are correctly matched and updated, but their 152$b changes
from "BS" to "NP"! So if I search for them (More -> Authorities), choosing
their auth type from the drop-down menu, 0 records come up: they are listed
along the NPs instead (and the "once-BS" auth records keep not linking to
any bib record, which is still bad :) ).

Another point for my suspicion is that if I "koha-restore" the working 3.6
instance over another 3.6 package installation (same .deb package version
too), the BS auths stay unlinked from the bib records, whereas the bundled
ones (e.g. NP) keep their actual links.

I think I'm going to file a bug in a few days, is there any suggestion to
troubleshoot my authorities (and Zebra configuration for authorities) in the
meanwhile? The problems occur in Koha 3.6-to-3.12 packages, italian sample
data sets, UNIMARC flavour.

Thanks again.

Regards,
Fabio