[Koha] how to upgrade

Robin Sheat robin at catalyst.net.nz
Fri Nov 29 10:31:13 NZDT 2013

Chrispin Simasiku Sitali schreef op do 28-11-2013 om 08:34 [+0200]:
> apt-get update && update upgrade
>
> should do the trick, no?

If there are dependency changes, a dist-upgrade is needed to pull them
in. A regular apt-get upgrade does this:

"Packages currently installed with new versions available are retrieved
and upgraded; under no circumstances are currently installed packages
removed, or packages not already installed retrieved and installed. New
versions of currently installed packages that cannot be upgraded without
changing the install status of another package will be left at their
current version."

We try to keep dependency changes to a minimum within a release, however
between releases all bets are off.

PS: I'm on the list, there's no need to CC me also :)

--
Robin Sheat
Catalyst IT Ltd.