[Koha] LiveDVD building

Vinod Kumar Mishra vinod_librarian at rediffmail.com
Thu Nov 28 00:33:53 NZDT 2013

Dear All,

I agree with Mr. Mark Tompsett statment, please note the points.

1. I did not claimed for any role or responsibility just share to the community about the works done by me.

2. I never says it is for productions because i am not technically sound but practically i have tested, and live dvd installed on production server machine is working fine.

3. I would also like to install directly on server from package because i know, but those who do not know can use for testing and they should also try/learn to install directly as they are going to use Koha (OSS).

4. I made the Live dvd which indicates its brilliant feature of web 2.0 and flexibility given to customize so it can be used for building library website cum OPAC also with little modification in code and text.

So my view is just keep on sharing knowledge people will automatically understand your role and in this regard i appreciate all whose NAME is mentioned in role player and also those whose role is not mentioned in role.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/vkmkoha/

Thanking You.

On Wed, 27 Nov 2013 09:45:20 +0530  wrote
>Greetings,

I'd like to point out that your LiveDVD is not the sanctioned one, and that

Nguyen Quoc Uy is listed as responsible for generating a 3.14.x LiveDVD.

http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Roles_for_3.14

Also, no such role will exist for 3.16 -- I guess no one should up for the

role voting and discussing IRC meetings.

http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Roles_for_3.16

As for VKV's LiveDVD (http://sourceforge.net/projects/kohalivedvd/), except

for the fact that it was Ubuntu Desktop (Koha is intended to be a server,

and not running on just a single machine), I thought that was an okay

attempt at one. It also has the advantage of being able to sudo apt-get

update; sudo apt-get upgrade; sudo apt-get dist-upgrade and then you have

the latest version, just like a package installation, if you use it as an

installation DVD. :)

It should be noted as well that LiveDVDs have the sad distinction of being

out of date the instant they are burned and distributed. So, my

understanding of the general consensus on LiveDVDs is that they are bad for

production use, but great for trial use, training sessions, or other

short-term non-production uses.

GPML,

Mark Tompsett

With regards,