[Koha] Importing books creates multiple items

magmatic magmatic at timkoop.com
Tue Nov 19 05:13:48 NZDT 2013

I'm importing a csv file of books into Koha, using MarcEdit.  The fields are:
author, title, publisher, year, item type, barcode, and shelf location.

It looks like I'm getting two items for every line in the file.  One item
contains the correct barcode, and the other item contains the correct shelf
location.

Anyone have any ideas where I'm going wrong?

And this might be a related question: what is the difference between an
authority record and a bib record?

Thanks
--
Tim