[Koha] Data import

Iming Chan imingchan at yahoo.com.au
Thu May 30 23:44:35 NZST 2013

Dear all,

We are planning to migrate our data to Koha shortly, i have a few questions
that I hope someone can help me:

1. Each of our bibliographic record has a sequential number.  Is it possible
to import them in that order, so the sequential number match up with the
Koha biblionumber (in MARC 999$c)?

2. We have deleted some bibliographic records in the past, so some
sequential numbers are missing.  To maintain consistency, I assume "dummy"
records would have to be created for those missing numbers?

3. Our item records are exported from the old system in csv format (separate
to our bibliographic records which are in MARC format).  Obviously we need
to convert those item records into MARC format.  However, do we need to
import them together with the bibliographic records, or they can be imported
separately and then using MARC 999$c for matching purpose (hopefully Koha
biblionumber MARC 999$c will synchronise with our old sequential numbers for
our bibliographic records)?

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Iming

-----