[Koha] Installation problems

bksubhuti bksubhuti at gmail.com
Thu May 30 01:09:16 NZST 2013

Dear Knowledgeable Helpers...
I have installed the squeeze edition of koha-common for ubuntu 13.04
I had some problems getting the page to work, but I got the login page to
work.
Now I have a problem logging into the web installer page.
I looked at the xml file in the etc/koha/sites/library/koha-conf.xml
*(We used "library" for the instance name)*

I saw kohauser and a cryptic password (cut and pasted in the pwd textbox).
It does not seem to work.
It just reloads the web installer logon screen again.

*I followed the instructions on *
http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Koha_on_ubuntu_-_packages
and also
http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Koha_3.x_on_Debian_Squeeze
(this worked for setting up the repository)

I should note that I ran the sql statements from .... *Ubuntu MySQL Security
Tweak* on the install wiki page (listed above)
What to do.. what did I do wrong?

Lastly,
There are other user accounts made now..
Koha-instance instancename-koha
and
Koha instance library-koha
I'm not sure how to log into that.
I guess there is a command for koha-create in some other post.  I'm not sure
how to do this.
I'm not sure why there is not a script to do all of this, but I guess that
is the way of lynux.

An old programmer cliche.. if it was hard to code it should be hard to read.
:)

If someone could help, I would appreciate it.  I'm a moderate user of
ubuntu.. but not a real power user.
I know some sql and other stuff.
I'm a monk visiting and helping at amaravati.org
Bhikkhu Subhuti