[Koha] Authority Indexing

Barry Cannon barry at oslo.ie
Sat May 25 02:10:10 NZST 2013

Hello,
     We have a library that wants to impose authority control on the 752
tag, subfields a,b,d to ensure consistency in entering place names.

 We have added the link to GEOGR_NAME to the biblio marc framework,
adjusted the utilities to extract the authorities from the bibs to include
the data, run the linker to link the auths and bibs together. Modified
authority-koha-indexdefs.xml to pick up the new subfields (and regenerated
the XSL file)

 The new authorities are in the file and are searchable, and the link is
visible in the marcxml in the biblioitems record, BUT the authority search
only shows the $a and does not show the number of linked biblios.

 Also, adding a new record and authority adds to the biblio record, but
does not create the authority.

Would anyone have any pointers on how we configure this correctly?

Regards
Barry