[Koha] Can't add items in public lists any more...

Marcel de Rooy M.de.Rooy at rijksmuseum.nl
Mon May 20 20:26:19 NZST 2013

Sonia,
I can't make up the exact Koha version from what you write. So the following reply is based on some assumptions that could not be true..

Probably you are on 3.8.X or 3.10.X now.
You say that this list is created by no one. I assume that this list has been created by a user that has been deleted from your system. In that case the owner becomes null (empty); use of the list is still governed however by the permissions defined for that list. Did your user try to add items without being logged in, for instance? When she logs in, can she see the list, add items or delete items?

What we still need in Koha, is to change ownership for such lists.
A quick and dirty way to recover this situation would need mysql access to the database.
If you have that or someone can do this for you, please check:
  select shelfnumber from virtualshelves where shelfname LIKE '%yourlistname%'
  *yourlistname should be substituted *
  use this number in the next mysql command: i called it yournumber
  select owner, allow_add, allow_delete_own, allow_delete_other for shelfnumber= yournumber
  if you have no error here, you are on 3.8
  i guess owner is null, but if the other values are 1, you should be able to use the list
  if not, try this:
  update virtualshelves set allow_add=1 where shelfnumber=yournumber

Hope this helps.
And keep an eye on further developments for lists..

Marcel