[Koha] Unable to generate barcodes, koha 3.10.00.000 live dvd

Chris Nighswonger cnighswonger at foundations.edu
Mon May 20 13:39:14 NZST 2013

On Sun, May 19, 2013 at 5:00 PM, sephiro499 <sephiro499 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> After adding books to the catalog I attempt to print labels.  I export with
> avery 5160 and the 'label test' layout to pdf.  When it exports the barcodes
> are just several blocks and they are all the same.  I have autobarcode in

First off, using that barcode sequence is a bad idea. It was a bad
idea and should really only be retained for backward compatibility for
libraries currently using it. Sequential is a better choice.

> http://postimg.org/image/q6okfbba3/

This phenomena occurs because of the interaction of a short
(char-wise) barcode number and poor barcode image scaling code. The
quickest solution is to start your barcodes at some number starting
with a non-zero digit and containing five or more digits.

Kind Regards,
Chris