[Koha] Authority records generating when importing bib...

Stefano Bargioni bargioni at pusc.it
Thu May 9 20:43:15 NZST 2013

> I'm not sure there is an automated way to do that in Koha. We created ours
> offline and uploaded them when we uploaded the bib records.
>
> On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 4:15 PM, Karam Qubsi <karamqubsi at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi All
>> I have  a mrc file with bib records
>> everything is OK the bib records were imported ,
>> Now how to generate authority records for the imported bib records ?
>>
>> and Thanks a lot :)
>>

>> --
>> *Karam Qubsi*

A way to 'automate' can be found in
http://en.pusc.it/bib/create_authorities_from_bibs
I applied it only twice, for authors and subjects. Also, please, note that it runs building a Perl hashtag in memory, with an entry for each new value encountered. It can be fail with very large .mrc files.
HTH. Stefano