[Koha] configuring email notification

Bernardo Gonzalez Kriegel bgkriegel at gmail.com
Wed May 8 05:34:19 NZST 2013

On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 2:11 PM, Yvonne Wambui <ywambui9 at gmail.com> wrote:

> hey
> i tried configuring email notification using http://www.mail-archive.com/
> koha at lists.katipo.co.nz/msg06181.html instructions but im getting an error
> in in the mail log that aliases.db and sasl_passwd cannot be found.
>
> the university also blocked all ports apart from 8080. Can that affect the
> sending of the mails?

In that case I think it would be impossible to your koha box to send
emails.. directly
If you are inside an organization, it better to use it's smtp server.
For that task I think that nullmailer is the right tool.
You only need to configure it to send all email using your smtp server,

If you are using ubuntu, simply install it

apt-get install nullmailer

and the install process will ask the address of the smtp server.

Regards,
Bernardo